NOT LOWER QUALITY
about THE FIRM
A boutique law firm based in New York City, Ritter Law LLC represents individuals and businesses in a wide range of commercial matters, including buying and selling businesses and real estate, forming and launching new businesses and assisting with day-to-day legal needs. The firm leverages experience working on some of the world’s largest and most complex transactions to solve problems in an efficient and cost-effective manner.
Mergers and acquisitions
The Firm represents clients that are buying, selling, investing in or raising capital for a business, including in connection with acquisitions, dispositions, mergers, joint ventures, carve-outs and minority investments, among others, in numerous industries.
The Firm represents clients in connection with both distressed and non-distressed business restructurings, whether to address liquidity concerns or to better position for future strategic opportunities.
general corporate matters
The Firm supports clients with all types of general corporate matters, including corporate governance, drafting and negotiating contracts, employment and benefit issues and financings, among others.
The Firm represents clients in the formation of all types of companies, including corporations, limited liability companies and limited partnerships, among others, and in particular in connection with multi-shareholder, multi-member or partnership issues and negotiations.
The Firm provides strategic legal advice to early stage companies on a wide array of issues, including formation, corporate governance, commercial transactions and partnerships, and financings, among others.
outside general counsel services
For companies without in-house legal counsel, the Firm offers various solutions to address ongoing, routine legal needs in a cost-effective manner.
Andrew Ritter is the founder of the Firm and has extensive experience advising clients on complex commercial transactions. Mr. Ritter previously worked in the corporate, merger and acquisition and restructuring practices of the major New York-based international law firms Latham & Watkins LLP and White & Case LLP. With the Firm, he applies the knowledge and expertise developed at those premiere legal institutions to provide small and medium sized businesses effective legal representation at more accessible rates than those offered by larger law firms.
Prior to law, Mr. Ritter served in the United States Army as a paratrooper with the 82nd Airborne Division, deploying to Afghanistan. He is a father of two, a voracious reader and a happy resident of Brooklyn, New York.
J.D., Northwestern University School of Law
B.A., Florida Gulf Coast University
Mr. Ritter has represented public and private companies, financial institutions and private equity firms in domestic and international corporate transactions, corporate restructurings and general corporate matters. His transactional experience includes:
- Representing a strategic buyer in its acquisition of a U.S. based international public technology company for approximately $4.5 billion.
- Representing a strategic buyer in its approximately $2 billion bid for petrochemical assets located in the Southeast United States.
- Representing a private equity firm in its simultaneous acquisition of five technology companies for approximately $2.5 billion in the aggregate.
- Representing an international investment bank in connection with the carve-out of one of its financial technology groups.
- Representing a private equity firm in its acquisition of an international public medical services company for approximately $2.5 billion.
- Representing a strategic buyer in its approximately $300 million bid for oil and gas assets located in the Northeast United States.
- Representing a strategic investor in connection with investments in various developing energy companies.
- Representing a strategic buyer in connection with its approximately $70 million bid for certain aerospace assets.
- Representing a strategic buyer in its acquisition of one of the world's largest vodka producers in connection with a pre-packaged chapter 11 reorganization.
- Representing the largest plastic pallet pooling company in the United States in the sale of substantially all of its assets and subsequent liquidation.
- Representing one of the largest event rental companies in the United States in the sale of substantially all of its assets and subsequent liquidation.
- Representing a casino resort hotel located in Atlantic City, New Jersey in the sale of substantially all of its assets and subsequent liquidation.
Ritter Law LLC
120 E 23rd St, 5th Floor, New York, NY 10010
(by appointment only)
This website contains attorney advertising, is provided for informational purposes only and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter. Any information sent to Ritter Law LLC via email or through this website is not secure and, absent an attorney-client relationship, is sent on a non-confidential basis. Neither this website nor any communication with Ritter Law LLC via email or through this site constitutes or creates an attorney-client relationship. Prior results do not guarantee a similar outcome.